2015 was a crazy year when you consider it is 15 years since Creation closed its doors, this year was one of the busiest for some time with huge tours from the likes of Ride, The Jesus & Mary Chain, Super Furry Animals and Primal Scream. Despite the popular reunion announcements of Ride and Slowdive in 2014 visits to the site doubled this year.
Creation emerged in the drab and dreary pop landscape of the mid to late 80’s when mainstream music had never been so bad, the current climate feels very similar with the charts packed with reality TV stars and manufactured conveyor belt pop acts. Back in those days we searched for any scraps of information about The Velvet Underground, Love or Thirteen Floor Elevators. Therefore it should be of little surprise that people are now looking back at Creation in a similar way.
In case you missed any of the news this year, here’s a round-up of the 20 most popular posts of 2015.
- Still In A Dream – A Story Of Shoegaze boxset to be released
The scene the press tried to kill off in 1992 goes from strength to strength with a new compilation album due, you went mad for this making it the most popular post of 2015.
- Slowdive recording new album
My Bloody Valentine may have gone quiet again but Slowdive have been teasing us from the recording studio as they lay down some new recordings for their forth album and there’s also a live album on the way!
- Listen to ‘Creation Records: Live in London 1987 to 1992’
The compilation of previously unearthed recordings was shared with us this year from the labels golden era before the Sony years.
- The Jesus and Mary Chain to release Psychocandy Live
- Ride announce details of Nowhere 25th anniversary reissue
- Watch Ride concert from 1993
- Creation Singles Box Set to be released
- Slowdive answer your questions
- Leave Them All Behind – Ride tribute album out now
- Slowdive to reissue Blue Day
- Beautiful Noise now available to buy
- “My Life As A Primal Screamer” Interview with John Martin
- Artifact: The Dawn of Creation Records 1983-85 Box Set
- Bobby Gillespie Presents Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down
- Ride begin tour with hometown gig – watch
- 20 years of Slowdive’s Pygmalion
- Watch Glasgow – The Outsiders documentary
- Ride OX4_ The Best of to be reissued
- Watch new Super Furry Animals documentary ‘The Furry Years’
- The Day The Pop Charts Went Day-Glo